Salary: $12 per hour plus tips
Job Type: Part-time
Full Job Description
The Groundskeeper, under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent, performs routine manual labor and maintenance throughout the property. They ensure that the property is maintained in the standard set forth by the management team.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Undertakes landscape and golf course maintenance tasks as assigned by the management team. Operates small hand-powered equipment and large equipment such as tractors, loaders, rotary mowers, reel mowers, among others. May be assigned a specific area to maintain as per the guidance, formally or informally, of their supervisor.
- Operates mowers, edgers and string trimmers in grooming greens, tees, approaches, fairways and rough. Trims cart path edges, bunker banks, ditch lines and creeks. Rakes, grooms and maintains sand bunkers. Moves tee markers, changes hole locations, picks up trash and adjust ropes for cart control on a daily basis. Performs any other task on an as-needed basis to the golf course as prescribed by their supervisor.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis. Reports equipment problems or failure to equipment manager as soon as possible. Returns equipment in a clean and fully fueled state to a designated area upon completion of work.
- Operates mowers, edgers and string trimmers in the homeowners associations property as well as the developers’ property. Picks up trash and debris prior to mowing HOA/Developers’ properties as well as blows clippings off of sidewalks, streets and flower beds back into the turfgrass area. Prunes vegetative plants and mulched areas in the HOA/Developers’ properties.
- Performs any other task on an as-needed basis as prescribed by their supervisor.
- Waters areas of the property under the direction of their supervisor. Reports any leaks or faulty irrigation to their supervisor as soon as possible.
- Undertakes, under the direction of their supervisor any projects, including but not limited to, laying sod, rebuilding sand bunkers, spreading fertilizer, seeding, mulching, installing new cart paths, shrub removal and planting.